Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com
Ajareresalat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Zoroastrians people of the book?

Go down

Are Zoroastrians people of the book? Empty Are Zoroastrians people of the book?

Post by Silat_warrior110 Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 am

Agha Khoei

ruling no. 107:

Ahlul Kitab
Agha Sistani (Jews and Christians) who deny the prophecy of RasoolAllah (saw) according to the famous narrations, they are najis.

ruling no 107:

As regards the people of the Book (i.e. the Jews and the Christians) who do not accept the Prophet hood of Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah (Peace be upon him and his progeny), they are commonly considered najis.

Agha Lankarani

ruling no 114:

The people of the Book such as Jews and Christians are Pak.

Agha Khamenei

ruling no 325 & 328:

We are not aware of the personal najisat of Ahlul Kitab (People of the Book) but we consider them to be Pak. By the People of the Book is meant all those who profess a divine religion and consider themselves the followers of one of the prophets of Allah, the Glorious and the Exalted (may peace be upon our Prophet and his progeny and upon them) and who possess a heavenly scripture from those revealed to the Prophets (a.), such as the Jews, the Christians, the Zoroastrians and similarly the Sabeans who, on the basis of our research, are among the People of the Book.

There are two notable points in these rulings. First is Khamenei and Lankarani are declaring Ahlul Kitab to be pak while Khoei and Sistani declare them as najis. Secondly who they consider to be Ahlul Kitab is different. Khoei and Lankarani only declared Jews and Christians as Ahlul Kitab while Khamenei and Sistani also included Zoroastrians in this list. This is a very serious issue because muslims all over the world have to deal with Ahlul Kitab in their daily lives. Can we do Muta with them? Can we marry them?

However In a recent translation of of Al Tawheed I came across the following hadith:-

Ameerul Momineen was delivering a sermon. Ashas bin Qais stood up and said, “O’Ameerul Momineen ! How should the tax be collected from the Zoroastrians? Neither was a book revealed upon them nor was any prophet sent to them.” Ameerul Momineen (as ) replied, “O ’Ashas! Not only did Allah reveal a book upon them but He also sent a prophet. This nation had a king. One night he became intoxicated by alcohol and in the state of intoxication he committed incest with his own daughter. The next morning his nation knew what he had done. They gathered at his door and said, “O ’king! You have destroyed our religion and made it become impure. Come out of your house. We will punish you and make you become pak.” The king said, “Listen to me! If it is impossible for me to repent of this sin, then you have full right to do whatever you wish to me.” When the people were gathered, the king said ,”Are you aware that our Father Adam and our Mother Hawa is the most exalted creation of Allah?” Every one replied, “Yes, you are correct.” Then the king said, “Did they not marry their sons with their daughters?” They all said, “Yes you are correct. This is the religion.” They all started following him. After that Allah removed all of the knowledge from their hearts and removed the book from amongst them. They are kafirs and they will be thrown into jahannum (hellfire) without having to face accountability.”

Corrent me If I am wrong but does this not reject the idea that none of them are considered as people of the book?
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.matami.com

Back to top Go down