Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com
Ajareresalat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crying (Sahih Bukhari)

3 posters

Go down

Crying (Sahih Bukhari) Empty Crying (Sahih Bukhari)

Post by azadaar110 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 375:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Ubaidullah bin Abi Mulaika:

One of the daughters of 'Uthman died at Mecca. We went to attend her funeral procession. Ibn 'Umar and Ibn Abbas were also present. I sat in between them (or said, I sat beside one of them. Then a man came and sat beside me.) 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said to 'Amr bin 'Uthman, "Will you not prohibit crying as Allah's Apostle has said, 'The dead person is tortured by the crying of his relatives.?" Ibn Abbas said, "Umar used to say so." Then he added narrating, "I accompanied Umar on a journey from Mecca till we reached Al-Baida.

There he saw some travelers in the shade of a Samura (A kind of forest tree). He said (to me), "Go and see who those travelers are." So I went and saw that one
of them was Suhaib. I told this to 'Umar who then asked me to call him.
So I went back to Suhaib and said to him, "Depart and follow the chief of the faithful believers." Later, when 'Umar was stabbed, Suhaib came in weeping and saying, "O my brother, O my friend!" (on this 'Umar said to him, "O Suhaib! Are you weeping for me while the Prophet said, "The dead person is punished by some of the weeping of his relatives?" Ibn Abbas added, "When 'Umar died I told all this to Aisha and she said, 'May Allah be merciful to Umar.

By Allah, Allah's Apostle did not say that a believer is punished by the weeping of his relatives.
But he said, Allah increases the punishment of a non-believer because of the weeping of his relatives." Aisha further added, "The Quran is sufficient for you (to clear up this point) as Allah has stated: 'No burdened soul will bear another's burden.' " (35.18). Ibn Abbas then said, "Only Allah makes one laugh or cry." Ibn Umar did not say anything after that.
azadaar110
azadaar110

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.hubeali.com

Back to top Go down

Crying (Sahih Bukhari) Empty Re: Crying (Sahih Bukhari)

Post by alialiali Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 pm

ok

so sunnis don't believe in crying for a loved one or anyone whos pastaway, a sunni freind once said that prophet (saw) didnt allow the crying for hz hamza as) for more then 3 days, you know much about this? as sunnis use this against shias saying you shouln't cry

alialiali

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-26

http://www.al-islam.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Azadar E Mazloom Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Here's one that was prepared earlier Smile

We read in al Bidaya wa al Nihaya, Volume 6 page 370:

Umar said: 'whenever I venture out at sunrise I remember the death of my brother Zaid bin Khattab'

If the Shi'a commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Husayn (as) every year why do Nasibi wahabis raise objections? Look at the words of your Master umar (la) who remembered the death of his brother throughout his
life. I smell hypocrisy here, don't you? lol.

Also,

If we are only meant to mourn for THREE DAYS then why did our Prophet Muhammad (s) name the year in which Bibi Khadija (sa) and Hazrat Abu Talib (as) died as "Aam al Huzn" i.e. 'The Year of Grief'???

Shia mourn Imam Hussain (as) for ten days, Rasulullah (s) mourned for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! Even after the passage of a year Rasulullah (s) never got over this grief, and this was known to aYESHA who wanted him (s) to abandon his remembrance of his dead wife. This is mentioned in your 'SAHIH bukharee' so would love to see how you claim THIS to be a weak traddition now.

Saheeh al Bukhari Hadeeth: 5.166 this narration from ayesha herself:

"I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her, but the Prophet used to mention her very often, and whenever he slaughtered a sheep, he would
cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadija. When I sometimes said to him, "(You treat Khadija in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadija," he would say, "Khadija was such-and-such, and from her I had children".

The testimony of your leading lady is clear evidence that the Prophet (s) never got over grieving his wife and you tell me to mourn JUST for THREE days? Whose sunnah is that I wonder? lol

Let us move on to see what the Quran has to say about this issue...

]2:234]
And (as for) those of you who die and leave wives behind, they should keep themselves in waiting for four months and ten days; then when they have fully attained their term, there is no blame on you for what they
do for themselves in a lawful manner; and Allah is aware of what you do.

Widows observe an extended mourning period (Iddah), FOUR MONTHS AND TEN DAYS long, in accordance with the Qur'an 2:234. During this time, she is not to remarry, move from her home, or wear decorative clothing or jewelry. This is outlined in Sahih Muslim, Volume 2, book 23, Hadeeth number 369, 370 and Hadeeth number 371.

THIS is her mourning period so where do wahabis get this 3 days only part from?

Let me know if there is more inforamtion that you need but this has been covered really well on the answering ansar webiste Smile
Azadar E Mazloom
Azadar E Mazloom
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://ajareresalat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down