Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com
Ajareresalat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infallibility

2 posters

Go down

Infallibility Empty Infallibility

Post by ahmedlondon Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Now we all know the ahlalbayt included the prophet (SAW) and all other prophets pbut don't sin/make mistakes therefore they are infallible. According to some people, they CAN sin but they choose not to. However, this is the definition of infallible - incapable of failure or error; "an infallible antidote"; "an infallible memory"; "the Catholic Church considers the Pope infallible"; "no doctor is infallible"

ahmedlondon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Infallibility Empty Re: Infallibility

Post by Silat_warrior110 Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 am

'Infallible', can mean any of the following:-

• It is something that can't be proved false.
  • It is something that can be safely relied on.
  • It is something completely trustworthy and sure.

When a person is called 'infallible', this can mean any of the following:

• Some statements or teachings made by this person can be relied on to be certainly true.
  • All statements or teachings made by this person can be relied on to be certainly true.
  • All information believed by this person is true.
  • This person is free from flaws or defects, especially of a moral nature.
  • This person is always right. It seems everything he or she says becomes true.

These definitions differ widely. In common speech, 'infallibility' can refer to a person (or a group of persons), to an act of teaching by these persons, or to the information being taught. Furthermore, infallibility can refer to the 'absence of error' or to the 'inability to err'. Although these are similar, they are philosophically distinct categories. For example, it is theoretically possible for a person to live their entire life without ever uttering a false sentence, even though they had the ability to err. Infallibility is sometimes used to refer to someone's ability to 'learn' something with certainty. For example, a careful researcher might study a hundred books, each of which contains a few errors, and after carefully judging the statements in these books might deduce the complete, error-free truth. This is referred to as 'learning infallibly' or 'knowing infallibly'. However, this meaning is rarely used..

Aima (a.s) were infallible and absolutely immune from even the smallest of sins. Evil originate (sins happen)-from Iblees and from selfish desires. But Iblees does not have any power upon the righteous servants of Allah according to Quran. Refer to verse no. 30-42 of Surah Hijr. "He said: My Lord! because Thou hast made life evil to me, I will certainly make (evil) fair-seeming to them on earth, and I will certainly cause them all to deviate Except Thy servants from among them, the devoted ones." (Surah Hijr 15:39-40)

"Surely. As regards My servants, you have no authority over them except those who follow you of the deviators." (Surah Hijr 15:42) Imams are infallible because infallibility is one of the necessary conditions of Imamate. It is not possible among the unjust people. And injustice is one of the causes of disobedience (sin). The Quran says, "And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He. (Surah Baqarah 2:124)

And the Imams are guided by divine commands, "And we appointed them Imams. They were guided by our command." (Surah Anbiya 21:73)

Further to mention as clearly stated in the following verse: "Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying." (Surah Ahzab 33:33)

This means from every natural and artificial evil ‘rijs’. Reason dictates that anyone who guides to Allah should be an ideal and perfect being; and every action of his should be correct so that people are satisfied with him, and there should be no scope for doubt in their veracity. And Allah, the Glorified says: "O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those in authority from among you." (Surah Nisa 4:59)

It is obvious that Allah could not order unconditional obedience to anyone except those who are infallible. How could the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) guarantee that his Ummat would not go astray till they remain attached to Imamat if there had been a chance of their being prone to mistakes? As the Quran states in As the famous traditions says: "I leave among you two weighty things, that if you remain attached to those two you will not go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my progeny, my Ahle Bayt."

The undeniable link between the Imams of Ahle Bayt (a.s.) and the Holy Quran itself proves their infallibility. Just as the Quran is free of blemish, in the same way Ahle Bayt (a.s.) are also infallible. Anyone who believes in the authenticity of this tradition has also to believe in the infallibility of the Masoomeen (a.s.).

Ali Ibn al-Husain (as) said: "There is no Imam amongst us (family of Muhammad (PBUH&HF)) except that he is Ma'sum. The protection (Isma) is not something apparent that people could recognize him by it, and thus he should be assigned (by the previous Imam)." He (as) was asked: "O Son of the Messenger of Allah! What is the meaning of Ma'sum?" He replied: "Ma'sum is the clinger to the Rope of Allah. And the Rope of Allah is Quran. The two shall never separate until the Day of Rising. The Imam guides to the Quran, and the Quran guides to the Imam, and this is the saying of Allah, the Mighty and the Majestic: 'Verily this Quran guides to whom is most right (17:9).'" Ma'ani al-Akhbar, p132, Hadith 1

Husham Ibn al-Hakam narrated: I asked Imam al-Sadid (as) about the meaning of Ma'sum. He replied: "The protected (Ma'sum) is the one who is immune by Allah from all that is forbidden by Allah. Verily Allah, the Glorious, said, '... And whoever seeks protection (Ya'tasim) from Allah, he will be certainly guided to a Straight Way (3:101)." Ma'ani al-Akhbar, p132, Hadith 2

The Ahlulbayt (as) where not robots (mazallah) who couldnt make mistakes but they chose not to. This is the shia definition of infallible. I hope that helps brother...
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.matami.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum