Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ajareresalat Forum
Bismillah Hirahman Niraheem

Assalamu Alaiykum, Ya Ali (as) Madad and welcome to Ajareresalat.

If you are already a member on this forum then please log in using your username and password to access many features of the forum.

If you have not registered on this forum and are looking for friendly advice, answers to questions or just for discussion, feel free to register!

If you are having problems or facing any kind of difficulties accessing the forum then please email us at: ajareresalat@gmail.com
Ajareresalat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women and Jihad

5 posters

Go down

Women and Jihad Empty Women and Jihad

Post by ya hussain Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Salam,

Is it permisible for women to fight in battles of jihad? If so, Is it permisible for a women to fight in the army of Imam Al Qaim (as) (atfj)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and more questions on this topic may follow Smile

Ya Ali (as).
ya hussain
ya hussain

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-31

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Women and Jihad Empty Re: Women and Jihad

Post by azadaar110 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Ya Ali (as) Madad and Walaikum,

I can't give you a proper evidence or something, but I don't believe that it is permissible for a woman to fight in battles (be it Jihad or anything else) since Maula Ali (as) told ayesha (la) to go home when she (la) was participating in the battle of Jamal.

Ali (as) Waris.
azadaar110
azadaar110

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.hubeali.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 pm

At present any type of Jihad, be it male or female is haram. (unless it is defensive) The Imam (ajf) is the only person who has the authority to determine, If there should be any type of Jihad. Can a women be part of that war? they are two views to be honest however, you will need to ask the Imam (ajf) inshallah when you see him, Im sure he (ajf) will let you know.. Smile
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 350

http://www.matami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 pm

A woman is considered "shaheeda" if she is martyed. But there is an argument among the scholars as to whether a woman can participate in a war. There are examples of women fighting in war such as Nusaybah bint Ka’ab as you have mentioned the battle of Uhud. She (Rh) took part in the Battle of Uhud,the Battle of Hunain, the Battle of Yamama and the Treaty of Hudaibiyah.

Initially, Nusaybah was attending the Battle of Uhud like other women, and her intention was to bring water to the soldiers, and attend the wounded,while her husband and two sons fought.But after the Muslim archers disobeyed their orders and began deserting their high ground believing victory was at hand, the tide of the battle changed, and it appeared that defeat was imminent. When this occurred, Nusaybah entered the battle, carrying a sword and shield.

She shielded Muhammad from the arrows of the enemy, and received several wounds while fighting. When a horse-mounted Quraish attacked her, she pulled on the horse's bridle and plunged her sword into its neck, toppling the horse on top of its rider. Witnessing this, Muhammad then yelled for Abdullah to help his mother and the pair dispatched the struggling rider.

The pair then circled around Muhammad, throwing stones at the advancing Quraish troops, until Muhammad noticed Nusaybah's wounds and ordered her son to bandage them, and praised their heroism. Abdullah was wounded himself, as a Quraish cut across his left arm, and Nusaybah treated him and told him not to lose courage. Picking her sword back up, she was complimented by Muhammad on her own courage and he pointed out the man who had wounded her son. Advancing to him, she cut his leg off with a blow of her sword, and he fell to the ground where he was killed by other fighters.

Nusaybah's twelfth wound, cut across her shoulder by a Quraish named Ibn Qumiah, left her unconscious on the battlefield. When she awoke after the battle, her first inquiry was whether Muhammad had survived. The wound was not healed until the following year.

If I remember correctly, there was also females who where considered to be amoung the first few martys of Karbala. But once again as I mentioned before, this is not our choice to decided if they can or not.

Last edited by Silat_warrior110 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Wasalam Ya Hussain.

A wonderful question.

Firstly can i just take an opportuniity to say jihad does not mean fighting.
Jihad e sagheer (the smaller of the jihads) is fighting, the greater jihad (jihad e akbar) in islam is controlling the nafs.

Jihad literally means to struggle and any struggle whether by combat, obejction, or by intellectual discussion/refutation is jihad. This is why it is stated that the the pen of a scholar is mightier than the sword.

Women have participated in jihad the greatest example being Syeda Fatima (sa) and Syeda Zainab (sa) who defeated the false rhetoric of the then despotic leaders (la) of the majority of muslims.

Paak Syeda Batool (sa) denounced the false attributions that the first caliph (la) and his cronies (la) made to the Prophet (saww) in that Prophets (as) do not leave inheritance. Since this was an innovation/distortion of islam, bibi Pak (sa) opposed this and actively denounced this act giving the proofs for the false proposition put forward by the degenerates who stole fadak.

Paak Syeda Ummul Musaib (sa) the sister of Imam Hussain (as) highlighted the injustice, oppression and tyrrany perpetrated in karbala. Paak Syeda (as) refuted the false propaganda of Yazeed (la) and his followers and informed the poeple why karbala took place and that yazeed (la) the degenerate was innovating in islam and was a tyrant and oppressor who had nothing to do with islam. The jihad of Paak Syeda Zainab (sa) was to highlight the truth whilst held captive.

So jihaad is valid for women. But if by jihad you mean physically fighting with swords and arrows, then no this has not been allowed for women.
The call to fight is not an obligation for women, and the only example is where Ayesha (la) ordered her army to fight against Mola (as) at jamal [ the battle of the camal ].

Even then aisha (la) did not fight herself.
It is stated that at the battle of badr there were muslim women present who participated in the battle in a support role, by tending the wounded after the men had fought.

The Prophet (saww) did not allow the women to bear arms against the opposing army.

So yes if Mola Imam e Zamana (atfj) permit it, women will be able to perform jihaad by fighting and opposing oppressors and oppression in a non combatant manner.
But there is no evidence to suggest women will be allowed to fight in a battle.
It is highly unlikely that physical fighting will be allowed to be done by women, but Mola (atfj) can do what they want, i guess we will have to await their command.

But simply put, until now, i have not seen evidence of the Aimma (as) allowing women to physically fight, but women are obligated to fight against evil in a non combative manner.
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-05-26

http://nazshah1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Ya Ali Madad brother Silat warrior, wonderful post Smile

But i would just like to point out that the purpose of the purpose of Naisaiba ibne Kaa'ab (umme Imara) was to provide water for and to nurse the wounded.

It was only at the moment of great need that she picked up a sword to defend the Prophet (saww) when all the 'so called' companions of the Prophet (saww) fled for their lives after their greed had caused the muslim route.

Umme Imara picked up sword in a brave effort to defend the Prophets( saww) life and fighting to save ones life or the life of our holy Aimma (as) has never been prohibited. But the whole reason the women were present was NOT to fight, but to provide non combative support.

It is only due to the stupidity, cowardice and greed of the muslim forces that a woman had to resort to picking up a sword to save the Prophet (saww).

Mola Ameer ul Momineen (as) were also present defending the Prophet (saww) and there were a few other companions who remained including the son of Umm e Imara named Abdullah.
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm

As not as good as your posts Razz I know that is a valid point. She (rh) was in that situation and this can be regarded as a exception. However I did read once some where that during karbala some woman (may god bless them) also asked permission to fight along with the Imam (as) and they where granted permission I will try finding this out from a book I have. You will have to give me a few days. However according to history Nusaybah (rh) did also fight in other battles. Anyway Allah (swt) knows best.
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:16 pm

the incident that took place in the battle of uhud may be just an exception, but it wasnt seen as an undesirable act. therefore wouldnt that incident in its self show its permissibility for a woman to fight in battles...?
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 pm

As I said before they are two views regarding it. This is not for us to say what is allowed and what is not. Especially when Aima (as) have not clearly authorised females to fight. We should doing any Qiyas (guess work) to come to a verdict. Inshallah we will know during the time of Imam (ajf).
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

ya hussain wrote:the incident that took place in the battle of uhud may be just an exception, but it wasnt seen as an undesirable act. therefore wouldnt that incident in its self show its permissibility for a woman to fight in battles...?

It is not the coincidental act that is the problem though.
They went as non combative support. If fighting was allowed for women, then why did not they fight from the beginning? and why was it that when the 'brave' companions had fled leaving behind only a few handful of sahaba did this brave woman pick up the sword to defend her lord and master?

It was the act of last resort. It is not haram for a woman to defend herself her faith or her Mola (as) if there is no alternative! But generally in an army you have men who will be willing and able to fight, in that situation women are not allowed to fight.
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 am

ok i understand the above, but if a situation like that would accur again then its permissable for me to fight Smile..

if anyone can could you get me proof that some women in the battle of karbala asked for permission to go fight, and that imam hussain (as) allowed them to. if thats the case i will be the first 1 to ask imam mehdi (atfs) for permission, thats if im blessed enough to be around at the time.

also i would like to ask i heard some people will be raised from the dead to assist the army of imam mehdi (atfs), is anyone able to provide me with any hadiths stating this.?
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 am

ok i understand the above, but if a situation like that would accur
again then its permissable for me to fight Smile..

I hope you are not asking me? I do not give fatwas! lol.

And yes, defending yourself with or without arms in any lifethreatening situation is your right and obligation.

I personally have not heard of women fighting in Karabala!

Inshallah we pray that we are all so blessed to offer our small aid to Mola (as) in their cause.
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:58 am

I hope you are not asking me? I do not give fatwas! lol.

lol, im not asking im just saying that if everyone runs away like they have in the past then i will defend my imam Women and Jihad 904111 .
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:02 am

dream on.... none of us are running! Razz you gona be waiting a looong tyme! lol
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 am

oh just make sure you dont turn up on a camel...like 'mummy' did Wink
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 am

Rational Mind wrote:dream on.... none of us are running! Razz you gona be waiting a looong tyme! lol

you'll probably be the first to run.. Women and Jihad Icon_wink ...

is it true some people will be raised from the dead to assist imam mehdi (atfs)?
and will all da imams (as) be present aswell.?
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 am

ya hussain wrote:
Rational Mind wrote:dream on.... none of us are running! Razz you gona be waiting a looong tyme! lol

you'll probably be the first to run.. Women and Jihad Icon_wink ...

is it true some people will be raised from the dead to assist imam mehdi (atfs)?
and will all da imams (as) be present aswell.?

I will be the first to run...alhumdolillah in the direction of my Mola (as) Very Happy

I think you may be confusing rajat (another big topic) with zahoor of Imam e Zamana (atfj).

Rajat is where each Imam (as) will return and will rule the earth for their allocated period. Rajat/rajjat raj'at meaning return.

As far as Molai being re-animated to fight with the Imam (as) i have heard this many times but have never seen the hadeeth.
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 am

I think you may be confusing rajat (another big topic) with zahoor of Imam e Zamana (atfj).

Rajat is where each Imam (as) will return and will rule the earth for their allocated period. Rajat/rajjat raj'at meaning return.

what will happen when imam mehdi (atfs) makes his reappearance, how many people will assist our imam (atfs)? Women and Jihad Confused
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 am

Inshallah I will try finding out who this female (rh) was, but I will need to do some digging up. However al-Raj'a/al-Karra (Bodily resurrection of some dead and returning to this word before the Day of Judgment). Many of our Hadiths by Ahlul-Bayt (AS) proved the issue of al-Raj'a and even by the Quran.

I) Those which point to Quranic verses about return in the past.
II) Those which point to Quranic verses about return in the future.
III) Those which point to Quranic verses about returning the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) and other Prophets.

I) Quran Speaks: Return in the Past al-Asbagh Ibn Nabata narrated that Abdullah Ibn Abi Bakr al-Yashkari (also known as Ibn al-Kawwaa who was one of al-Khawarij) asked the Leader of Faithful (AS) about the possibility of returning to this world after death. Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (AS) replied:

... Don't you know that Allah, to Whom belong Might and Majesty, said in His Book, "And Moses chose out of his people seventy men for Our appointment (7:155)," ... and when they said to Moses (AS): "we will not believe in you until we see Allah manifestly (2:55)," and Allah said "so the thunderbolt overtook you while you were watching. Then We raised you up after your death that you may be grateful. (2:55-56)" Don't you see O' Ibn al-Kawwaa that they indeed returned to their homes after they died? Isn't it that (after the above verse) Allah informed in his book "And We made the clouds to give shade over you and We sent to you manna and quails (2:57)" Thus this was after they died and when Allah raised them again.

And similar to that, O' Ibn al-Kawwaa, for some people from the Children of Israel about whom Allah said: "Have you not considered those who went forth from their homes, for fear of death, and they were thousands, then Allah said to them, Die, and then He again gave them life (2:243)"

And also saying of Allah, to Whom belong Might and Majesty, about Uzair where (Allah) said: "Or the like of him (Uzair) who passed by a town, and it had fallen down upon its roofs; he said: How shall Allah give it life after its death? So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him to life. He said: How long have you tarried? He said: I have tarried a day, or a part of a day. Said He: Nay! You have tarried a hundred years (2:259)"

So do not cast doubt, O' Ibn al-Kawwaa, on the power of Allah, to Whom belong Might and Majesty. (al-Bihar v53 H72)

There are other verses of Quran about return in the past, including but not limited to: 2:260, 3:49, 8:26, 16:38-41, 18:18-19, 18:42, which I skip for the sake of brevity. I hope this helps?
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rational Mind Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 am

ya hussain wrote:

what will happen when imam mehdi (atfs) makes his reappearance, how many people will assist our imam (atfs)? Women and Jihad Confused

I have read that our Mola (atfj) will have 313 momin who will lead the army. (I cannot remember the references unfortunately).
Rational Mind
Rational Mind
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ya hussain Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:48 am

thanx for the above, to be honest im still confused. i think i should leave it to 1 question at a time. im going away for the next 3days, so inshallah if you find info on the women that fought in the battle of karbala after seeking permission then put it up here with references plzz...Smile...
ya hussain
ya hussain

Back to top Go down

Post by Azadar E Mazloom Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 am

Brother Silat, are you able to help with the sisters querry?
Azadar E Mazloom
Azadar E Mazloom
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 163

http://ajareresalat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:58 am

I have posted before about this before but anyhow Raj`a Arabic means "Return". It is a term refers to the Second Coming, or the Return to Life, of a given past historical figure after that person's physical death. Shi'a believe that before the hereafter and the Day of Judgement, God brings back, in a future point in time, groups of people from the past. And that these people will have the same appearance as they had before. The purpose of this return is the establishment of justice for those who were oppressed and died oppressed: the oppressors are punished directly by the oppressed during this future reappearance. We base our belief on several verses in the Quran and Hadith where it is mentioned that some people will die twice and live twice. Is there anything else you would like to know?
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silat_warrior110 Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 am

And before I forget, Imam Muhammad ibne Ali al-Baqir (pbut hem both) said: "... Indeed he (al-Mahdi) will come and I swear by Allah that there will be three hundred and ten and some odd number of men with him and among them there will be fifty women who will all gather together in Makkah (to help him)..."

Reference: Bihar ul-Anwar, Volume 52, Page 223

Imam Jaafar ibne Muhammad as-Sadiq (pbuthem both) has said: "There will be thirteen women alongside al-Qaim (when he makes his advent)."

Al-Mufaddhal (the narrator of this tradition) asked the Imam: "And what will their role be?" The Imam replied: "They will treat the injured and look after the sick just as the (women did) at the time of the Messenger of Allah (during the battles)."

Reference: Ithbatul Hudat, Volume 7, Page 150
Silat_warrior110
Silat_warrior110
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content